Home Care Worker
Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Kilcoy, Qld
About The Position
Anglicare’s Kilcoy Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care and support to a range of clients throughout the region. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes. We are currently looking for casual Home Care Workers to join us, covering both planned and unscheduled leave across weekdays and weekends.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide personal care and support in a range of activities of daily living intended to meet the client’s defined goals. These can include hygiene, dressing and grooming, community access, social support, shopping, meal preparation, respite support and domestic assistance.
To join our team, you will be dedicated, reliable and flexible, and offer the following traits:
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - but be especially good at listening and hearing what others have to say
- Well organised, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Passionate about working with people with particular needs and supporting them to be the best they can be
- Offer creativity, flexibility, patience and enthusiasm, and enjoy being part of a team
- Enjoy everyday living tasks, including cleaning, cooking, showering, shopping, and assisting people to learn these skills
- Take pride in your work, and adapt your approach to meet the individual client’s needs
- Show sensitivity to emotional, social and spiritual needs
- Available to work shifts between 6.00am to 8.00pm, Monday to Sunday
- Comfortable maintaining, and working within, professional boundaries and guidelines
Qualifications will include:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, Disability, Community Services or equivalent
- Completion of “Assist with Medication” unit (preferred)
- Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- A current National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- Physically capable of meeting the requirements of the role
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. Along with the opportunity to further develop your skills in Community, Aged Care and Disability services, our successful candidates will enjoy:
- Working with a supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- Providing quality of life for people within your local community
- Ongoing training and support to assist with your personal and professional development
- Flexibility of work/life balance with casual hours across weekdays and weekends
- A chance to be part of one of Queensland’s most well respected and recognised non-profit organisations
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3221
For further information please contact
Liz Hare on 07 5431 7900
Applications close Sunday 21st January 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.