Coordinator - Spiritual & Pastoral Care
Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability, Toowoomba, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Toowoomba Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care and support to a range of clients, including older people and those with disabilities. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes.
We have a rare opportunity within our team for a Coordinator, Spiritual and Pastoral Care, working 16 hours per fortnight coordinating and providing spiritual and pastoral care within the service region, including appropriate and accessible resources.
With demonstrable experience within a local community of faith and a firm sense of your own spiritual identity, you will also have capabilities in:
- Providing pastoral support to residents and their families, within professional scope in an environment of trust and confidentiality
- Understanding of the relevant legislative requirements relating to the community aged and disability sector
- Managing crises in the practice of pastoral care by identifying issues and possible solutions to problems
- Offering professional/operational supervision to Pastoral Care Volunteers
- Coordinating religious, spiritual and pastoral care providers and volunteers to provide a seamless single point of contact for all religious, spiritual and pastoral care activities within the service
- Arranging activities and venues as appropriate to support pastoral care
Your exceptional communication skills, and ability to share your own knowledge in a respectful, caring manner, will be coupled with:
- A history of regard for others, including spiritual belief and personal circumstance
- Respectful of confidentiality and the need maintain integrity and professional understanding
- Comfortable following organisational and business processes, with previous experience in a hospital or community care setting
To be successful in this role, you will need Ecumenical Hospital Chaplains Qualification, Spiritual Care Australia Category 2 or similar and a current National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A friendly, dynamic team who truly care about our clients
- Salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- Work/life balance with part time hours, supporting those who need it most
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3226
For further information please contact
Jeramy Hope on 07 4614 7000
Applications close Wednesday 31st January 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.