Coordinator - Service
Anglicare SQ - Mental Health & Wellbeing - Strathpine, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare SQ supports all kinds of people who may be impacted by mental health and wellbeing challenges, from new parents, children transitioning through school, people planning retirement and everything in between. We are here to provide the support needed at home or out in the community, for people to live the life they want. Our Mental Health and Wellbeing team are looking for a full time Service Coordinator to manage a group of multidisciplinary Counsellors and Case Managers across multiple sites in North Brisbane including Stafford and Clontarf. The role will be based in Strathpine however travel to services, community events and meetings is required.
The overall responsibility will be to provide service coordination and leadership and assist in delivering a range of quality, individualised children and parenting, drug diversion and family support programs. This role will require a candidate who is able to balance a management role, whilst successfully maintaining their own case load and group facilitation commitments.
Your extensive mentoring and leadership skills will be in the field of Domestic and Family Violence, Alcohol and other drugs as well as experience in Counseling and Family Support, and you will also bring the following:
- Ability to manage, coordinate and lead a small team across geographically dispersed service points
- Extensive background as a practitioner in a range of service deliveries
- A background in case management, or counselling, and the ability to guide staff in case direction and complex support
- Robust understanding of the ethical and legal requirements relevant to the programs
- Demonstrated experience in auditing, quality assurance and process planning
- Facilitation of Community events and confidence with public speaking and group meetings
There is significant travel and some flexibility of work hours required, so along with your versatile and “can do” attitude, the following traits are essential:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the capability to relate to a wide range of staff, clients and families
- Provision of day-to-day guidance, along with ongoing training and development of team members
- Strong administrative and reporting skills
- A proactive and positive leadership style, with a focus on collaboration and team engagement
Qualifications and certifications required will include:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences or equivalent
- Post-graduate qualifications in Family Support or Mental Health would be advantageous
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Queensland Drivers Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- Current National Police Certificate
- Commitment to travel within the service area, and to working outside regular business hours as required
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- An opportunity to further develop your leadership/management skills
- Working with a great team of professionals who care, making a difference within your local community
- Extensive development of your skills and capabilities in a busy, rewarding fixed term role
- A chance to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organization that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3232
For further information please contact
Tammy Kjeldsen on 07 3028 4600
Applications close Friday 26th January 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.