Service Manager - Children & Families
Anglicare SQ - Children & Families - Caboolture, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare SQ Children & Families teams work in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care and individual needs of children and young people throughout Southeast Queensland. Our Caboolture-based team provide a range of services including Foster & Kinship Care, Enhanced Care and Residential Support, and we are currently looking for an exceptional and dedicated Service Manager to join us full time, covering a Parental Leave contract for 12 months from April 2018. The Service Manager is responsible for providing leadership in service delivery, culture development and business performance. Reporting to the Group Manager, our successful applicant will work in close collaboration with other Service Managers to ensure cross-referral of client care and provision of quality support throughout the region.
With an extensive and successful career within the Child, Youth and Family sector, you will provide strong leadership and a dedication to client-centred care practices. Capabilities will include:
- Substantial operational and management experience including sustainability & business development of multiple programs
- A strong, robust understanding of developing and evaluating child safety programs for children in care, particularly the Queensland foster care system and associated relevant licensing processes
- Demonstrable ability to articulate and lead others in implementation contemporary practice frameworks
- Confident mentor, motivator and coach, providing a cohesive working environment to support staff and volunteers
- Previous experience managing budgets and financial requirements a multi-disciplinary service site, including contractual compliance and risk management
- Management of people including recruitment, onboarding and professional review processes
- Dedication and commitment to the implementation of robust change management strategies
Along with your practical experience, you will bring a number of essential personal attributes and abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to influence and negotiate to drive effective outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a professional, productive manner to a large and diverse number of people
- A dedicated client-centred approach and the commitment to develop and implement service delivery with this focus
- An interest in developing practice within the children and families programs
- Relationship and rapport building capabilities with a collaborative nature
Professional qualifications and certifications required for this position will include:
- Degree in Health, Human Services or similar
- Post-graduate degree in relevant field and Qualifications in Business Management (desirable)
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- A current National Police Certificate
- Current Licenced Care Service (LCS)
- Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- The chance to engage, lead and mentor a diverse team of passionate people
- The challenges, rewards and experience a fixed term contract offers
- Working close to home and providing support to vulnerable children & families in the local region
- A unique time to become part of one of the fastest growing industries in Australia, in a challenging and rewarding role
- The capacity to increase your take home pay with Salary Packaging options
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3238
For further information please contact
Soraya Shah on 0408 976 942
Applications close Friday 2nd February 2018
Assistance from Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.