Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane South, QLD
About the Position
Our Brisbane South Community Aged & Disability team are key in providing care and support to a range of clients throughout the region. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes and we have an opportunity for a part time Lifestyle Assistant to join us, working across Woolloongabba and Cleveland. Working with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, the Lifestyle Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of activities and lifestyle programs which enable clients to participate in a variety of experiences to improve their quality of life, taking into account the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of each individual.
An experienced Aged Care or Disability Services professional, you will bring the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven background in planning, conducting and evaluating activity and diversional therapy programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of people including staff, management and clients in a professional and friendly manner
- Commitment to ongoing quality improvement and professional development of the service and yourself
- Dedication to working within the Aged Care, Community and Disability sectors to improve and enhance the lives of clients
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment and to manage your own workload
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (or equivalent)
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- A current National Police Certificate
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Capability to meet the physical requirements of the role
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Work with a team of passionate and caring professionals, under an proactive and empowering manager
- Enjoy work and life with part time hours, supporting clients to lead enriched lives
- Gain further training with career development and opportunities
- Increase your take-home pay with Salary Packaging options
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3323
For further information please contact
Una Sandeman on 0414 195 754
Applications close Friday 16th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.