Support Worker - Family
Anglicare SQ - Mental Health & Wellbeing - West Moreton, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare SQ supports all kinds of people who may be impacted by mental health and wellbeing challenges, from new parents, children transitioning through school, people planning retirement and everything in between. We are here to provide the support needed at home or out in the community, for people to live the life they want. We are looking for an experienced Support Worker - Family to join our team in a full time, six month contract working across Acacia Ridge, Beaudesert, Ipswich and West Moreton regions, delivering a diverse range of supports.
The role will provide therapeutic assistance to individuals, families and groups with social, emotional and financial difficulties to improve positive wellbeing by educating and supporting them and working towards enhancing their community connectedness. Our Support Workers, Family ensure the best interest of the individual client is central at all times and that they are referred through to the most appropriate internal or external service.
Offering experience in the Community, Mental Health, Social Services or Child, Youth and Family sectors, and dedication to client-centered frameworks, our successful candidate will be confident with:
- Therapeutic assistance to children, parents and families who are dealing with social, emotional and financial difficulties
- Offering group work, education and support to improve wellbeing and community connectedness
- Initial assessments, ongoing support and referral to relevant service providers
- Providing information and assistance to families to receive the best supports to suit their individual needs.
- Regular travel throughout the region, which will include in-home sessions along with community and school events. There may be some evening/weekend work required
Your key skills and abilities will include:
- Exceptional communication in both written and verbal format; the ability to interact effectively with a variety of ages, cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to apply sensitivity, cultural awareness and an open-minded approach to personal matters
- Organisation and time management skills are essential in this fast-paced, diverse role. You will be experienced at working to deadlines.
- Experience in managing conflict and stressful situations in a professional and effective manner
- Commitment to human rights and social justice
Specific requirements and qualifications are:
- Certificate IV or Diploma and Child, Youth and Family Intervention, Community Services or similar field
- A current National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children)
What We Offer
Anglicare SQ is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. This challenging, stimulating and essential full time position can also give you:
- A chance to work close to home, and make a difference within your local community
- The opportunity to work with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within an innovative space and growing industry
- Ongoing training and career planning, and development opportunities
- Competitive salary and the ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage and strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3330
For further information please contact
Zakia Mahmoud on 07 3028 4600
Applications close Sunday 18th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.