Consultant - Aged Care & Disability Reform
Anglicare SQ - Strategy & Transformation - Brisbane, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare SQ is committed to providing a wide range of integrated, flexible, responsive and easy to access services to people seeking individualised community supports and services. Current changes within the sector, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme and Aged Care reforms, have created exciting opportunities for several Consultants to join our team in Brisbane’s CBD. We have two full time roles until December 2019 and one Parental Leave contract until October 2018.
The main responsibility of the Consultant, Aged Care & Disability Reform role is to participate in and coordinate a range of activities in response to key reform agendas:
- transitioning of Community Aged Care and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- preparation of our people and systems to be able to deliver sustainable quality, person-centred support and services
Offering robust knowledge of the current reform agendas, and a background in Community or Aged Care, your skills will include:
- Understanding of funding contractual models, outputs and outcomes
- Working within compliance and quality frameworks and implementation throughout an organisation
- Previous experience in the delivery of organisational change management processes including distributing information and advice to stakeholders
- Assistance in document preparation that includes business cases, market analysis and key strategies
- Experience working to within business practices, identifying issues and providing improvement recommendations
- Strong administrative ability including intermediate level Microsoft Suite, report writing and correspondence
- A background in Allied Health or Nursing is required for the Parental Leave contract
Some of your personal competencies and attributes will be:
- Dedication and commitment to client-centred best practice
- A collaborative and team-focused approach with the willingness to act as ambassador to promote understanding of the reforms
- Progressive, modern and contemporary thinking based on solutions-driven problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to a wide range of people
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- A degree in Health, Human Services or similar field
- A current National Police Certificate
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- Queensland Driver Licence and willingness to travel within the service region
- A Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment is desired
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A position that offers independence and autonomy, along with the support of a passionate and proactive manager
- The opportunity to provide customers with access to services that enable them to live the life they want
- Working with the CBD with easily accessible public transport options
- An opportunity to increase your take home pay with Salary Packaging
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a re-advertised position, previous applicants need not apply.
JOB NUMBER S3331
For further information please contact
Glenn Bradley on 07 3838 7551
Applications close Sunday 18th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities.
The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.