Anglicare SQ - Meilene Residential Aged Care - Bundaberg, QLD
About the Position
Located on our spacious campus at Bundaberg East, Anglicare SQ’s fully accredited service of Meilene, is strengthened by a team of values-driven professionals who sincerely care about what we do and the difference we make in our residents’ lives. The service is focused on providing excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance and also provides special accommodation and recreational amenities for those with dementia. Short-term residential respite is also available. Meaning 'welcome', Meilene is the name of the homestead which originally stood on the property.
We are looking for a full time Administration Officer to join the team to provide quality operational administration support, as directed by facility management. You will also assist in maintaining an efficient and client-centred service. The Administration Officer may also be responsible for maintaining an efficient and customer focused Reception for internal and external clients, other visitors and service providers; processing admissions and discharges of residents; rostering of staff to meet operational requirements set by their supervisor or the Manager; managing financial processing for the facility and promoting and contributing to a positive team environment within the Facility.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with strong administration skills capable of anticipating and managing the requirements of a busy facility effectively. Requirements include:
- Database management and updating our client information system with accurate, error-free data entry
- Reception duties including phone calls and greeting visitors in a polite, professional and friendly manner
- Strong ability to act as liaison between the facility and external organisations including Public Trust & Medicare
- Experience in accounts and invoicing preparation and the ability to provide backup to payroll functions
- Preparation of admissions forms & documentation, contracts and funding paperwork
- General correspondence, administration and filing - both electronic and paper
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
With an approachable, enthusiastic attitude, you will also offer:
- Flexibility and the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities, while maintaining a calm and composed demeanour
- Strong communication skills, comfortable relating across a broad range of ages, cultures and socio-economic groups
- Exceptional relationship building skills and an open style that encourages rapport with others
- Emotional resilience and ability to remain professional at all times
- Initiative, and able to monitor and manage your own workload while working within role expectations, deadlines and management requirements
- An unwavering attention-to-detail, even when tasks get routine
Previous experience in the Aged Care sector would be advantageous, but more importantly will be your ability to learn new systems and operating procedures quickly and accurately.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A chance to work close to home, and make a difference within your local community
- Ongoing training and career planning, development opportunities and long term employment
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
- An opportunity to work with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within a growing industry
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3332
For further information please contact
Carol Frith on 07 4151 7527
Applications close Friday 16th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.