Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Logan, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Logan-based Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care and support to a range of clients, including older people and those with disabilities. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes. We are currently looking for a full time Team Leader, who has a particular interest in disability services or aged care, to join us and support the delivery of community services to an assigned group of clients, assist in the facilitation and monitoring of individualised care plans. The Team Leader will also supervise Home Care Workers and Support Service Workers on a day-to-day basis.
Offering a well-established, and successful career in community aged care or disability support, our successful candidate will be adept and confident with:
- Day to day supervision and leadership of Home Care and Support Services Workers
- Conducting initial in-home assessments and offering hands-on support to your team
- Recruitment, orientation, supervision and mentoring of new staff members
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Management of client- directed care plans
This is your opportunity to showcase your client-centred attitude and bring the highest level of support and care to our clients, assisting them to remain living independently and comfortably in their own homes. We require a dedicated, reliable and flexible team leader to commit to mentoring and developing a team. You will be:
- Proficient in disability and aged care services and have an interest in lifestyle & job-readiness services
- Enthusiastic, compassionate and personable
- Organised, with strong time management skills
- Confident in non-clinical, community based services
- Focused on providing high quality Personal Support Services
- A strong communicator – both written and verbal
- Committed to supporting the elderly and/or those with some level of disability, and comfortable working within professional boundaries and guidelines
Qualifications will include:
- Certificate IV in Aged Care, Home & Community Care or Disability Services or equivalent
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Current Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- A National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A friendly, dynamic team of professionals who truly care about our clients
- The opportunity to work in, and support, your local community
- Ongoing training and career development with the support of a dedicated manager
- The chance to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
Show your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage and strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3334
For further information please contact
Tina Jama on 07 3299 9600
Applications close Sunday 18th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.