Practitioner - Foster & Kinship Care
Anglicare SQ - Children & Families - Caboolture, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. Our Foster & Kinship Care Programs in Caboolture provide children and young people, who are not able to live with their own family, the opportunity to live in a safe nurturing family environment. This essential service is currently looking for a full time Practitioner - Foster & Kinship Care to join their team - focusing on identifying, building and maintaining a supported network for foster and kinship carers and providing the support Foster Carers need to develop the resilience and necessary skills to provide safe and supportive care to children and young people placed with them.
As an experienced Practitioner or Case Worker, your primary responsibilities in this role will be:
- Building and managing a successful network of Foster Carers throughout the region
- Support and assist these carers to develop the necessary skills and resilience to be successful
- Delivery of effective training and facilitation of support groups
- Ability to operate within child-centred frameworks
- Participate in recruitment and onboarding of new Foster Carers
- Completion of complex documentation on time and within required guidelines
With highly developed communication skills, you will also have:
- The ability to apply effective and professional decision making skills in crisis situations
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building capabilities
- Previous experience in consultation and negotiation practices
- Proven ability to work within a small team, in a collaborative manner
- Highly professional attitude, personal presentation and expectations
Qualifications and documentation required:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences or similar
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Licensed Care Service (LCS)
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment would be beneficial
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with a friendly and dedicated team of professionals in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Significant and ongoing learning, to create genuine career growth and development plans
- A workplace where supervision is an enthusiastic part of personal growth
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging
- A permanent, full time role in an established and high performing team
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3335
For further information please contact
Andrea O’Toole on 07 5428 4949
Applications close Friday 16th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.