Manager - Communications
Anglicare SQ - Marketing & Communications - Brisbane, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare SQ is one of Queensland’s most experienced community service providers, and over the years our offering has evolved under different banners, and expanded greatly to include “all of life” services. Our range of supports is ever-increasing and are delivered in partnership with government and other organisations. To continue these essential services, Anglicare require the support of a dedicated Corporate Services team, which incorporates Strategy & Transformation. We are currently looking for a full time Manager - Communications, to join our team in Brisbane’s CBD.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, and working closely with our dynamic Marketing team, the Manager - Communications is responsible for planning and delivering communications to Anglicare’s key groups, including clients and staff, partners, supporters and media; writing, editing, co-ordinating and publishing content across various channels, including Anglicare’s intranet, website, social media, print and online; and supporting organisational responses tailored to different audience requirements.
With a background in communications or media, and experience in public relations and/or journalism your skills and experience will include:
- A strategic approach to the implementation of a communications and media plan, with demonstrated success
- Drafting and editing both internal and external communications, relating them effectively to your target audience
- A proven track record in working directly with journalists, pitching stories and managing media releases
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop briefing documents, marketing collateral and corporate messaging
- Understanding of digital communication processes, including social media and websites
- Project and time management abilities and a confidence to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- A great eye for detail - ensuring all language and design are consistent and within advised parameters
As part of a small, collaborative team, it is essential that you are able to use your initiative, and offer:
- Demonstrated values and ethos that are in-line with both the organisation and the team
- A positive attitude, team-focus approach and genuine care for the work you are doing
- Consistent and effective support of the team, and the organisation as a whole
- A friendly, professional disposition and the ability to engage a variety of internal and external stakeholders
You will be required to hold the following qualifications and certifications:
- Degree in Communications, Media, Journalism or similar field; and/or several years practical experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field would be advantageous
- A National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals
- Full time hours and the ability to increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
- Plenty of choice for coffee and lunch with numerous cafes, restaurants and a local Woolies
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3336
For further information please contact
Amy Lee-Hopkins on 07 3838 7685
Applications close Sunday 18th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities.
The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.