Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane South, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Brisbane South Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care and support to a range of clients, throughout the region. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes. As part of this essential service, we are looking for a qualified Occupational Therapist to join the team part time, providing support to improve or maintain our clients’ independent functioning in all aspects of living throughout the Brisbane South region. The role will be required for both day respite & community support, assisting people who are limited by physical or psychological illness, neurological dysfunction, developmental delay or the ageing process.
With an already successful career in Occupational Therapy, you will be passionate about supporting both the elderly, and those people who are living with a disability. To join the Anglicare team, you will be skilled and experienced in:
- Conducting home based evaluations, devising care plans and writing functional reports
- Assessing the home environment, and prescribing aids, equipment and modifications as required, within funding program guidelines
- Supporting clients in their own homes and within our respite centres to work towards self-care development and/or re-ablement
- Planning, coordination and implementation of group therapy programs as required
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team with a collaborative, person-centred approach
Your exceptional communication skills and genuine interest in helping others, will be supported by:
- A bright, enthusiastic and dedicated approach to care and client support
- A team player who has the capacity to plan and prioritise your own workload effectively
- Problem solving skills, an innovative approach and ability to think outside the box
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality improvement in human services
- A consistent focus on client safety and wellbeing, following best practice procedures
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Membership with the Australian Association of Occupational Therapists, Queensland
- Valid Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- A National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- An opportunity to further develop your skills in Community Aged Care & Disability services
- Part time hours and the option to increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging
- Working in, and supporting your local community and its residents
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3339
For further information please contact
Annabelle Smith on 0402 183 974
Applications close Friday 29th March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities.The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.