Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Brisbane South, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare SQ’s Brisbane South Community Aged & Disability team are key in providing care and support to a range of clients throughout the region. We work with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes and are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join us on a part time basis, to support both aged clients and those with a disability.
Servicing a dedicated area in the region, our Registered Nurses are encouraged to achieve goals and offered continuous professional development. In this role, you will assist our clients in their home environment and provide comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments, undertake case management of clients and apply your expert clinical knowledge to implement planned care.
As a Registered Nurse with experience in the Community sector, you will be flexible and enthusiastic. To become a member of this dedicated, collaborative team, you must offer the following:
- Strong clinical background and current knowledge of practices
- Skills in palliative care, wound care, medication management and post-acute care
- A background in community nursing and a commitment continuous improvement
- Experience with, or interest in supporting the homeless or those at risk of homelessness
- Proven ability to manage workload and ensure documentation is complete and up to date
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Compassion and enthusiasm, with a friendly, approachable attitude
You will also require qualifications, including:
- A degree in Nursing and current registration with AHPRA
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- A National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working locally with a team of dedicated professionals and a collaborative manager
- An opportunity to support people in their own homes, encouraging independence and security
- Part time hours and the ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3342
For further information please contact
Annabelle Smith on 0402 183 974
Applications close Friday 23 March 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.