Assistant In Nursing
Anglicare SQ - St Martins Residential Aged Care Facility - Taigum, Qld
About the Position
Nestled within our leafy campus at Taigum, north Brisbane, our fully accredited service of St Martin's features landscaped gardens and a range of recreational facilities. Extending across three integrated wings, St Martin's offers residential aged care focused on providing excellent 24 hour nursing and care assistance. The service also caters for our most physically frail and those requiring palliative care.
We are looking for an Assistant in Nursing to join our team on a casual basis. You will be required to work on a rotating 24/7 roster, which will include weekends and public holidays. The Assistant in Nursing’s major responsibility is to provide high quality care to frail aged residents, which includes the individual physical, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs. You will also support a safe and comfortable environment, and encourage physical and social independence where possible whilst safeguarding the dignity and privacy of the residents.
With a friendly and compassionate attitude, you will already have some experience working within the Aged Care sector, including:
- Demonstrated ability to support our residents with the activities of daily living including self-care, nutrition, mobility and hygiene
- Give proactive and positive assistance to the EN’s and RN’s as requested including observation, some medications and practical assessments
- Keep regular, informative progress notes and documentation including incident reports
- Attend staff meetings and connect with management to ensure a co-operative and harmonious environment
- Ability to work within the role scope and guidelines with constant focus on professional boundaries and client-centred care
- An understanding of the impacts of living with dementia would be beneficial
- Willingness to work casual hours across a 24/7 rotating roster, which will include weekends and public holidays
Our successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and computer skills, a genuine interest in working with the elderly and a professional and engaging manner. Along with your practical knowledge and experience, you will also hold a Certificate III or IV in Aged Care (or currently be studying) and have a current National Police Certificate.
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A family-focused facility, working with a team of dedicated professionals
- Hands-on experience and the opportunity to learn from senior staff members
- Career progression and development in the form of internal and external training
- Exceptional hourly rates and work/life balance with casual hours
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3365
For further information please contact
Christine Ross on 07 3265 0900
Applications close Friday 20th April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.