Cleaner/Support Services Worker
Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Sunshine Coast, QLD
About the Position
Our Sunshine Coast-based Community Aged & Disability team are key in providing care and support to a range of clients throughout the region by working with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable people to live well in their own homes. We currently have vacancies for Cleaners/Support Services Workers - assisting clients to remain independent and comfortable in their own homes, by providing exceptional cleaning and domestic services. We require dedicated, reliable and flexible people for both casual and part time work - multiple roles available.
This is your opportunity to showcase your customer-centred attitude and bring the highest level of care to our clients. As a motivated and skilled Cleaner, you will offer the following abilities and experience:
- A background in general domestic cleaning duties
- Experience in laundry services including washing, folding, sorting and ironing
- Comfortable in the use of housekeeping equipment and machinery in-line with instructions
- Able to follow procedure and ensue the clients’ personal preferences are adhered to
- Confident communicator who can maintain professional boundaries with clients and their families
- Experience working within designated timeframes
- An open and enthusiastic manner with a commitment to working with elderly people
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
The following will also be required of successful applicants:
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card Exemption
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- A current National Police Certificate
- Physical capability of meeting the requirements of the role
- A Certificate II or III in Asset Maintenance (Cleaning Operations) will be highly regarded
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A position that offers variety and challenges along with the support of a passionate and proactive manager
- A role that makes a difference to someone’s life, helping them to remain safe, healthy and happy
- Work and life balance with part time or casual hours across weekdays and weekends
- The opportunity to work close to home and support your local community
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3371
For further information please contact
Judy Rocker on 07 5459 5331
Applications close Friday 20th April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.