Anglicare SQ - Community Aged & Disability - Sunshine Coast, QLD
About the Position
Anglicare’s Sunshine Coast Community Aged & Disability team is key in providing care and support to a range of clients, working with people to explore new options, open doors and create solutions that enable them to live well in their own homes. We are currently looking for a skilled Physiotherapist to join us part time, working across the region. This diverse and rewarding community-based position would suit an experienced Physiotherapist who is keen to work in the non-profit sector. The role is responsible for quality clinical physiotherapy service to our clients by providing highly specialist advice, education and support. You will also actively participate in the Anglicare SQ allied health program to promote an integrated quality service to clients.
Offering a collaborative approach and enthusiastic attitude, your skills and experience include:
- Client assessments and development plans to encourage self-care and independence
- Demonstrated ability to implement and review personal client Physiotherapy services, including goal setting and the processes to meet these goals
- A background in, or understanding of hydrotherapy or aqua aerobics to increase client wellness would be beneficial
As well as the capacity to work alone and manage a busy schedule, you will be comfortable with:
- Working alongside a team of health professionals to ensure maximum outcomes for clients and their families within the Aged Care or Community sectors
- The capacity to negotiate, influence and problem solve to promote and encourage clients
- Communicating effectively and building rapport with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Quality improvement and continuous learning frameworks and maintaining professional boundaries
You will have a full and robust understanding of quality processes and standards within a clinical setting, and maintain the following qualifications:
- A degree in Physiotherapy and current registration with AHPRA
- Current Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- A National Police Certificate
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A chance to work close to home, and make a difference within your local community
- Working with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within an innovative space and growing industry
- The chance to increase your take-home pay with Salary Packaging options
- NO weekend or after-hours work
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3377
For further information please contact
Madeleine Derham on 07 5459 5333
Applications close Sunday 29th April 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Anglicare Southern Queensland is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support you need for the life you want in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout southeast Queensland.
For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare Southern Queensland is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
We also offer a range of specialist services within indigenous, homeless, multicultural and rural and remote communities. The work of Anglicare Southern Queensland stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches out to support to people of all ages with a variety of needs.
Anglicare Southern Queensland has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs all working towards a happier, healthier community.