Advisor - Wellbeing, Health & Safety
Anglicare SQ - Organisational Development - Brisbane, QLD
We put the 'care' in Career
Working at Anglicare Southern Queensland offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be part of a passionate and supportive team. We offer our employees generous salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and a broad range of career pathway opportunities. To support our employees to deliver our essential services, Anglicare requires the support of a dedicated Corporate Services team, which includes a passionate Wellbeing, Health & Safety team. We are looking for a Wellbeing, Health and Safety Advisor who wants to help us strengthen our safety culture and put the 'care' back in your career.
With a strong background in Workplace Health & Safety that includes exposure to injury management concepts and a genuine interest in supporting colleagues, your skills and capabilities will include:
- An understanding of workplace health and safety principles and practice
- Being part of a small team within a large multi-functional organisation; developing effective client relationships in a multi-site environment, managing and promoting ownership and accountability
- A background in gap analysis and identifying training and education requirements
- Significant, proven ability in designing, developing and delivering training programs, including group facilitation with a broad range of people
- A background in service delivery, preferably across multiple sites, and an unwavering focus on customer support
- Consistent provision of high quality and accurate administration including data analysis, safety performance reporting and board reporting
- Broad experience in risk assessment, site safety inspections and audits and the ability to proactively utilise these skills
- Knowledge of common law processes and workers compensation and current safety legislation, and the practical application in a diverse organisation
- Experience with back to work issues, guidelines and requirements
This diverse role requires balancing empathy and compassion within legislative requirements and organisational guidelines. Our successful candidate will display the following attributes:
- An ability to relate effectively, and courteously with a range of people, from varying backgrounds and cultures
- Exceptional communication skills; able to liaise with external stakeholders including Workcover Queensland, Q-Comp, and health and legal professionals, utilising negotiation and influencing skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, resilience and common sense approach
- Very high level organisational capability including the ability to self-manage and prioritise multiple tasks, think ahead, prioritise effectively and plan accordingly
- A mature, respectful and professional attitude with a consistent focus on successful outcomes
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement, use initiative and think creatively to provide solutions
To be successful in this role you will be required to hold:
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or similar (or the equivalent practical experience)
- Current Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Valid Fire Advisor Certificate would be desirable
- A National Police Certificate
- Current Queensland Driver Licence, and be willing to travel within the service region as required
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working within a team of dedicated and experienced professionals under a proactive manager
- An increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- Genuine and ongoing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- A CBD location, with easily accessible public transport options, including bus, train and ferry
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working within an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being.
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental health issues. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
JOB NUMBER S3636
For further information please contact
Terri Brooker on 0481 902 264
Applications close Friday 12th October 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.